Canberra Virus & Spyware Removal
Virus and spyware issues are by far the most common problem that our customers contact us about. We receive so many jobs involving malware that we are proud to call ourselves “virus removal experts”. No matter whether you have a trojan, virus, spyware, adware or any other form of malicious software on your machine, you can be confident that the team at Canberra Computer Doctors know how to clean your computer, fast!
There are many types of viruses out there these days. The more common ones that you will run into involve trying to get your credit card or personal details, while displaying advertising and other irritating pop up messages. These quite frequently offer to scan your computer for errors or updates, and then ask for your credit card details to proceed with a purchase. You should always ignore these sorts of programs (especially if you did not install them yourself) and seek help from an I.T professional. Unfortunately, there are more serious viruses out there which will try to hold either your data or computer ransom, and will refuse to let you use it without making a cash payment. The majority of the time they will ask for payment using an anonymous method such as UKash or Bitcoin. They will often try to impersonate a legitimate organisation (like Interpol or the Australian Federal Police) to make their message appear more genuine. Others, such as Cryptolocker will encrypt your data and make it nearly impossible to restore your files.
If you run into a virus related issue, it is always better to seek help sooner rather than later. Our expert team can safely remove any viruses by identifying the processes that are running in the background, and removing them from your system. Other companies who lack experience may simply try to wipe your computer clean, instead of getting to the root cause of the problem.
Here Are Some Warning Signs To Look Out For:
- Your computer takes longer to start up and runs much slower
- You have advertising and popups appearing on your screen
- Scans will appear out of nowhere alerting you to potential treats or “problems”
- Your web browser starts sending you to different sites than you intended
- Websites look different or contain additional ads on them
- Your web browser has a different look or extra toolbars added
- Software appears on your computer that you don’t remember installing
- Your computer crashes or has problems closing down properly
Canberra Virus Removal
- At CCD we only deal with Windows based PC’s and are experts in removing viruses
- Our technicians have years of experience removing malware of all types
- Our technicians stay up to date with all the latest ways of removing malware
- We aim to just remove the virus and make sure all your data is safe
If you believe that you may have a virus on your computer, we are just a phone call away. You can reach us on (02) 6223 2333 7 days a week, and a member of our friendly phone support team will be able to advise you of the best and fastest way to resolve your issues.